Tuesday, June 10, 2008

RAFA RELISHING ANFIELD CHALLENGE

RAFA RELISHING ANFIELD CHALLENGE
Rafael Benitez has once again pledged his "100% commitment" to Liverpool and insisted he wants to fulfil his footballing ambitions at Anfield.
As Benitez and his staff work tirelessly behind the scenes to strengthen the squad in time for the new season, the Liverpool boss has reiterated he has no plans to leave the club and is looking forward to the challenge of taking the Reds back to the top of the English game.

"I said at the end of the season that I was very happy here and I will say it again," said Benitez.

"The supporters have been absolutely magnificent with me, the staff are working very hard and I would not have brought players like Fernando Torres and the young players we have here if I did not have a long term vision for the club. Now is not the time to be saying goodbye.

"If we had a lot of money to spend it would obviously be better. But if we don't it doesn't matter.

"It is not about buying the most expensive players, it is about buying the right players and we can sell some players to get the others we need.

"We have the spine of the team and we just need others in other positions.

"Some teams around us are spending £20m and £30m on one or two players. But the important thing is to get the right players and my staff are working hard to do that."

0 Comments: